I’ve been away from home for quite sometime now, and I am not an exception to this malady. But today, I want to help those people who are suffering from such. And so, I’d like to share with you 5 ways on how I deal with homesickness.
- I count my blessings and name them one by one. I count my blessings and see what God hath done.
- I interact with people around me and proactively try to know their culture and way of living.
- I make friends with the locals. I usually start it with a smile and say hi using their vernacular language.
- I constantly pray for God’s strength whenever I get tempted to sulk and cry. He never fails to supply.
- I hold on to faith and keep looking forward on that day that I can visit home again.